Designed by Jenny Newman
All Rights Reserved
Dimensions- from top of straps to bottom of bag: 20 inches
Height and Width- 16x11 inches
Click here for pattern cutout, (Note:To make the bag pictured do not sew the top of strap - finish ends and tie together for a cuter style.)
1. Place pattern on fold, cut 2 of each
fabric. We’re gonna refer them as set
A and set B.
If you want pockets, sew them before
going to the next step.
2. Sew the darts by putting right sides of each set together
and sew all bottom edges, leaving
the straps part open.
3. Put set B in set A, right sides
together, and sew around the
Stop stitching about 20 cm
before the tops of the straps.
4. Clip rounded corners ( I made mine more square for books)
If your machine has reverse
stitch, use it on each end of
stitchings to secure it.
5. Turn the right sides out through one of the straps. It will be a bit difficult at first but just keep doing it.
You will feel a thug and after that the bag will turn right sides out smoothly.
Pull out each of the remaining straps.
6. Sew the straps of each set together making sure that you sew each
strap to the strap beside it, NOT the strap
that is in front of it.
7. Press the seams open. Fold seam
allowances on straps and press.
Also press edges of bag to make it easier
8. Match the tops seams together and pin all
open edges of straps.
You can also use fusible tapes to make sure
it is neat. I used pins
9. Topstitch all edges of bag and you are done with your reversible book bag!