Designed by Craft Town
All Rights Reserved
Materials: Black construction paper, black felt or fabric, Mod Podge, scissors
1. On the paper draw a big circle, as big as you want your hat to be in diameter. Cut this circle out. In the exact middle of this circle, draw another circle, as big as the head of the kid and inside this one draw another one, a little smaller.
2. Connect the 2 circles with lines, all around. Start cutting on one line, follow the first circle you meet until the next line. Follow this line until the next circle. You should end up with the brim of the hat that has in the inner side several tabs. Fold these tabs up.
3. Take the big piece of paper again and make a cone, wide as the inside of the brim and as high as you want it. Make a felt or fabric piece the same size and glue to the top of the paper.
4. Take the brim and apply glue on the outside of the tabs you have lifted. Place the cone on top of the brim and press the tabs to the inside of it, so you can form the hat.
5. Decorate with fun fabric scraps and use as table or household decoration- just make sure to let dry well!