Free Craft Projects - Dough Flakes
Edible Crafts: Make Candy Bouquets and Centerpieces For Fun & Profit.
1. Combine the flour and salt in a large, flat-bottomed bowl. Mix well with a spoon.
2. Next, add water, a little at a time, mixing as you pour to form a ball.
Note: Additional water may be needed, depending upon the humidity. Take care not to add too much water, as the dough will become sticky.
3. Knead seven to 10 minutes, until the dough has a smooth yet firm consistency.
Note- Dough can be stored in plastic bag at this stage for later use.
4. Roll the dough to about 1/4 inch or a little more in thickness.
5. Use cookie cutter shapes for the basic patterns.
6. Next, use small aspic cutters to make cutouts in the basic shape. Overlay these cutouts on the basic design to form a raised pattern and to cover areas where two pieces are joined to make the joint stronger.
7. Brush the snowflakes with egg batter and bake at 325-350°. Bake 1/2 hour for each 1/4 inch of dough, or until the surface turns a golden brown.
8. Pierce or drill a hole to attach a string for hanging.
9. Finish by varnishing.