Kelly Doll PJ's
Kelly Doll PJ's
Kelly Doll PJ's
This darling Kelly PJ's crochet pattern was kindly contributed by designer Doris Malloy. Please email Doris with any questions regarding this pattern.
Copyright Doris Malloy 2006. All Rights Reserved
Skill Level: Easy to Intermediate
Materials: Crochet cotton #10, size 7 crochet hook. The tiny baby can be picked up in the craft section in the baby shower area.
1. Ch 26, sc in sec ch from hook, sc in next ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in next 6 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in next 5 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in next 6 ch, 3 sc in next ch, sc in last 2 ch, turn (33 sc),
2. Ch 1, sc in first 3 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 8 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 7 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in next 8 sts, 3 sc in next st, sc in last 3 sts. Fasten off.
3. Work this row in the back loops. Join contrasting color with sc in first st, sc in next 4 sts, for armhole ch 4, skip next 10 sts, sc in next 11 sts, next armhole, ch 4 skip next 10 sts, sc in last 5 sts, turn. * The unworked stitch is used to put a ruffle around.
4. (Ch 5, skip next sc or st, sc in next st or ch) 13 times, ch 2 skip next st,dc in last st, turn.
5. (Ch 5, sc in next ch space) continue across, join with a sl st in first ch space.
6. (Ch 5, sc in next ch space) continue around, join to first ch.
7-9 Repeat row 6. for desired length.
* Join in first unworked stitch of row 3 with a sl st, ch 3 and sc in next, ch 3 and sc in next across, end with sl st in last st.
1. Ch 21,sc in sec ch from hook, sc in each ch across, turn (20 sc)
2. Ch 1, sc in first 3 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts, sc in next 10 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts, sc in last 3 sts, turn
3. Ch 1, sc in first 4 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts, sc in next 12 sts, 2 sc in next 2 sts, sc in last 4 sts, turn.
4. Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn., ch 1
5-10 Ch 1, sc in each st across, join with sl st in first sc, at end of last round for leg opening, ch 2 skip next 13 sts, join with sl st in next st. Fasten off.
1. Working on opposite side of starting ch and ends of rows around waist, join with sc in top right corner, sc in the end of each row and in each ch around with 3 sc in each corner.
Sew button to back opening using base of corner 3 sc as buttonhole.
Trim, for first leg opening join thread with sl st in unworked st before ch 2, ch 3, (sl st in next st or ch, ch 3) around, join with sl st to first sc. Repeat on second leg opening.
Variation which also works for regular shorts.
Row 1 Ch 21, sl st first ch, ch 1.
Row 2 Sc around (21 sc).
Row 3 Sc around (21 sc).
Row 3. (Sc 4, 2 sc next ) continue ( ) around (24 sc).
Row 4 Sc around
Row 5 (Sc 5, 2 sc next) continue ( ) around (28 sc).
Row 6 Sc around (28) ch 3
Division for leg.
Row 7 Skip first 14 sc, sc next, work 16 more sc around including the ch 3 of the crotch area. …fasten off
Work other leg in the same manner. Fasten off
Pattern for baby outfit:
1. Ch 10, sc in second chain and continue across, ch 1 turn
2. Sc 2, ch 3, skip 1 sc, sc next 3 sc, ch 3, skip 2 sc, s2. Fasten off leaving enough thread to sew up the back.
Join at the waist with a sl ch 2 sc next, ch 2, sc next stitch, continue around to end. Fasten off leaving enough thread to sew up the back.
1. Ch 2, sc in second chain from hook, ch 1 turn,
2. 2 sc, ch 1 turn.
3. Increase (2 sc in on sc) at beginning and end.
4. Increase in beginning and end.
At this point try on the baby and if you are satisfied with the fit, sew both sides in place. This forms the diaper or panties for the outfit.
Ch 6, 2 sc in second chain from hook, sc in next 2, hdc in next, 4 dc in last chain. Working along on opposite side of chain, hdc in next, 2 sc, then make 2 sc in last. Fasten off this is the heel end of the slipper.
Count back 2 sc from the toe end on the side, join thread with a sc, sc next sc. Ch 1 sc in 2 sc. Continue across for 5 rows and fasten off leaving ends long enough to sew this to the opposite toe side.