Free Halloween Craft Projects - Scarecrow Jars
What you need: Clean wide mouth jar, raffia, burlap fabric, fall color fabric, hot glue, hot glue gun, funny eyes, black thread, black marker, white fabric, q-tip, face blush.
What to do:
1. Cut 6" square of fall fabric, cut 8" round piece of white fabric, cut 4" round burlap.
2. Crumple old piece of news paper down to the size of a golf ball.
3. Wrap the white fabric around the newspaper.
4. Fold the 6" square fabric into a triangle, then fold it over to a smaller triangle & cut the center point off about 1/2".
5. Put the newspaper piece the "head" to the hole in the fabric & glue it.
6. Take 10" of fairly thick folded raffia & use the black thread to tie it off about 2" from each end, then snip the ends so they are frayed, to look like hay.
7. Place the raffia under the head & fall fabric. The raffia should be glued from 1 corner underneath the head to the other corner.
8. Using the black thread, next tie the fabric corners to the raffia. By this time you should have a triangle shaped piece of fabric that has has a round white head glued to it & raffia sticking out on each corner that is tied.
9. Next, take & glue some raffia & make some "hair" on top of the white head.
10. Glue the burlap to the head, as a hat then trim it down until it looks like a hat. Each scarecrow will have it's own look.
11. Glue on the funny eyes.
12. Draw a mouth with 2 small up & down lines on the edges, & draw a nose. Swab a bit of facial blush for the cheeks.
13. Take the wide mouth jar and hot glue the scarecrow around the mouth. Using the raffia "arms" tie 2 strands of raffia to each arm & tie them around the mouth. The glue helps keep it there. Be sure to glue the fall fabric to the jar.
14. For gift giving take a clear party bag & fill with candy corn, tie off with a raffia bow. ENJOY!