Victorian Craft Projects - Tree Ornaments
What you need: satin fabric scraps; styrofoam ball or eggs; beads (variety); wire clippers; white household glue; 1 1/4" straight pins; corsage pins with pearl or gold heads; velvet ribbons (variety); gold braid (variety).
What To Do:
1. Cover the balls with fabric scraps and glue.
2. Divide ball into quarters with ribbons and/or braids.
3. Anchor ribbon with pins or with pins pushed through beads.
4. Beginning at top, add beads to form a slightly raised crown. Glue in place and pin firmly with corsage pins.
5. Add a loop of ribbon or braid for hanging, hiding glued ends as you add more beads.
6. Add more beads to bottom or use a Victorian charm to hang from bottom. Glue and in in place.
7. Working upwards, add more individual beads of different sizes and shapes to cover bare spaces. Get creative.