Victorian Craft Projects - Topiary
What to do:
1. Wash and dry cup thoroughly. Cut the florists clay or styrofoam block to just larger than the cups rim diameter so when you force it into the cup it is secure. If it is loose, try placing small amount of glue around edge of clay or styrofoam inside the cup and allow to dry.
2. Force the long cinnamon stick into the center of the styrofoam ball to about 1 1/2". Remove stick and place a small amount of glue on base of stick and reinsert it to secure. You may use the tip of a pencil or pen to get the hole started so as not to break the cinnamon stick.
3. Put a small amount of glue on a rosebud and press into styrofoam ball, beginning at top. Cover entire ball with rosebuds in this manner by going in a circular direction around ball to base.
4. Place small sprigs of babies breath between rosebuds to fill in spaces. Apply them with small amounts of glue.
5. Place the other end of the cinnamon stick into the center of the florists clay or styrofoam block in cup and secure with glue.
6. Cover clay or block with glued on Spanish moss to just over the cups rim.
7. Make looped bows from the ribbons and glue to cup.
8. If you have a saucer, you may then glue the cup to the saucer and place leftover rosebuds and babies breath sprigs around base of cup.