Free Christmas Crafts - Christmas Eggs
What you need: Eggs; large needle Clear gloss liquid plastic; enamel paints (red, white, green or silver and gold); bamboo skewers; macaroni, ziti or other small pasta shapes (you may also use beads); craft glue; paint brush (fine); Pendant or bell hooks.
What to do:
1. With large needle, puncture both ends of each egg to be used. Blow out the contents of eggs then set aside in a safe place to dry out overnight.
2. Put a bamboo skewer through each egg, then dip egg in clear gloss and allow to dry completely (approximately 5 hours).
3. Glue a small hook onto the small end of the egg with very strong craft glue.
4. Glue the pasta pieces around the egg. Be creative in your designs, mix different pastas together, place in different directions, etc. Allow glue to dry completely.
5. Paint on the finishing designs with enamel paint or felt-tipped pens. For interesting effects, paint the egg one color, then paint over the rims of the macaroni with a different color.
6. Brush liquid plastic over unpainted macaroni for a glossy finish.
7. String ornaments through to hook to hang.